Image Map

Monday, February 4, 2013

PORT

Today, I was scheduled to get a portacath. A portacath is a device placed under the skin that has a catheter that runs into one of your main veins. It is placed in your chest near the collar bone. It requires a short minor surgery.

The purpose of the port is to save the veins in my arms from constant pricking. The chemo ruins my veins and veins in your chest handle the chemo better.

I arrived at the hospital at 7:45 AM for my surgery at 9:00 AM. There was an emergency surgery that happened, so I didn't go under the knife until noon. After the surgery was done a chest X-RAY was taken to make sure the surgery was done properly. I just have to take it easy for the next weeks while taking care of Eason.

I wasn't able to eat since the night before. When we left the hospital at around 3 PM, I got a Wendy's Double Cheeseburger. Twenty miles down the road, I was still hungry and got a Whopper Jr.!! While I was gone Eason spent time with daddy, and our good friend Travis.



2 comments:

  1. Eason had fun playing hide and seek today. He's getting really good! Glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex and Julie MillerFebruary 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM

    You are amazing!! Love you so much I wish I could hug you and tell you how much you have taught me through all of this. I look up to you so much Nat and always have. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete