Image Map

Friday, August 2, 2013

Update

Just a little update on me... I haven't had chemo for almost five months now! When I stopped chemo my levels were  at 5.something and without chemo they just have been dropping slowly. They are now at .7. My doctors favorite thing to say to me is "I'm very puzzled," in her Jamaican accent. She said it's good that it is dropping on its own, but doesn't understand it and is vey puzzled. In order to be considered normal my levels need to be under .5. Origanilly, once my levels got to normal I would do an extra six weeks of chemo, but that last time I talked to my doctor she said if my levels don't go back up then I'm done if chemo. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because she has been known to change her story.

 I asked her if I could get my port out and she said no... I was bummed because it is so annoying. And every once in a while Eason will find it and start playing with it...it's just annoying. If this cancer is going to come back, it is likely to happen in the first six months after stopping chemo. So only two more months and I'm in the clear. Then at six months, I can get my port removed!





5 comments:

  1. Yay Nattie! That's awesome! I hope those stinking levels keep going down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nattie! I was reading a few of your posts and had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks : )

    PS. Beautiful family by the way!

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My name is Jackie and I was diagnosed with Gestational Trophoblastic Disease earlier this year. I was 25 years old when diagnosed. I also had tumors on lungs & uterus, then surgery, then I did the whole Chemotherapy thing also. I know what you've been through;) I hope everything is going well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nattie-

    I read your blog and would love to talk to you! Im so glad you are almost in the clear. I lost my first pregnancy at 9 weeks and a few weeks after that was diagnosed with GTD. I have a blog too :)

    http://mystorywithgtd.blog.com

    I would love to ask you some more questions about the chemo and how long it took you to get to 0. I'm currently down to 172. It is just getting so slow towards the end- and we are ready to be at 0 and start the "wait" period to be able to try to have our 1st child again...

    If you ever have time, I would love if you would shoot me an email. I have not met any one who has battled this before.

    e.laurenqualls@yahoo.com

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete