Image Map

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oregon trip

Since I havent been doing chemo the last few weeks, actually it's been almost 11 weeks, my doctor okayed me to go to Oregon for two weeks! My numbers are still not considered normal, but they aren't going up. So I am doing weekly blood test and as long as everything stays the same, no more chemo. I was really scared I was going to jinx myself by saying I would have to go to the doctor or hospital for two weeks, but we did it. Nothing medical for a whole two weeks...it was amazing!

 The day before we flew out we went to the Nationals baseball game with my brother Dave and his wife Emily. I think they won, I really don't know. Me and Emily walked around most of the time. It was fun though.


The next afternoon we flew out on a direct flight. Eason did really well. He slept the first hour and a half and the last hour and half. So we was only up for about three hours. He did manage to poop twice in those three hours....I swear he poops more than any baby I know.
On the flight there

Anyways, that first weekend we were there my brother Jake, his wife Brittany, their three kids, and my twin brother Nick came out from Idaho. It was nice to see them.
 Grandpa with Lorren, Nick with Eason, and Grandma
Carter, Jason, Eason, Lorren

The rest of the time there we went to the beach, went clamming, to the zoo, got Eason's hair cut for the first time, had a mini birthday party for him, and just hung out with family a lot.




Eason loved the piano at my parents 





At the zoo with his cousins, Dylan and Bailey 


His second mom while we were there, Bailey


Before: This is right when we woke up from a nap so it's really crazy.


After: He looks like such a big boy!


On the flight back was was really nervous because I was flying by myself and we had a 45 minute layover in salt lake...that's not very much time with a baby. But he did great. On the first flight he slept most of the time and stole the pretzels of the guy next to us. He acted like he got them just for Eason. Ha. And on the second flight he had his own seat which was really nice, we could move around some. But the guy next to us on that flight was like a business man and had his laptop out most of the time and Eason of course kept trying to take his mouse. And a one point I looked down and there was a puff just sitting on his nice church shoes! I was trying so hard not to laugh. I didn't tell him....

No comments:

Post a Comment